Thursday, March 17, 2011

Testing

Tonight, my love is leaving.  It's really not that big of a deal I guess.  Its just over night, and its only a few hours away.  But it sucks because I'm sick.  I don't want to get up to feed the dogs, much less feed myself.

And it's stupid.  He has to score something like 108% on the test in order to make rank... to bad he can't just say, 'no, in a few years'.  I guess that's the sucky part about him making BTZ, and then Staff first time testing, and Tech second time testing.  He pinned on Tech with less then 9 years in... but now he's playing catch up.  It's mathematically impossible for him to make Master this year.  Or next year. 

It's not even a rank he really wants to make, at least not right now.  The raise would be nice, but it would seal his fate.  There is no way he would be able to go back to his old job (not that he wants to), but there are less re-training opportunities for Master's then for Techs.   Good grief- we've already cross trained three times in 11 years, what's another new job?!?  Except for new tech school,  and new CDC's...

So, if he gets Master while he's in recruiting, its a death sentence, it means we he will more then likely stay in recruiting.  And nothing good can really come of that.

1 comment:

  1. oh no, what a mess! I can't even imagine being stuck in recruiting. I hope thing all work out and you guys can move on from that!

    ReplyDelete