Thursday, February 18, 2010

Daily Laugh

Every time I read this it gives me a good laugh... hope it gives you a laugh too! I don't remember where I first saw it, so if you know who it 'belongs' to, please let me know so I can give credit!!!



Charley, a new retiree greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, sometimes 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss was in a real quandary about how to deal with it. Finally, he called him into the office for a talk.

"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang on job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though, your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say if you came in late there?"

"They said, 'Good morning, General. Tea or coffee this morning, sir?'"


3 comments:

  1. I tagged you on my blog go to this entryhttp://www.ambitiousgurl.com/2010/02/10-yrs-from-nowwhere-would-i-like-to-be.html to see what it is about.

    ReplyDelete