Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We sold our house!!! well- it's under contract

So there hasn't been much 'good stuff' going on, but I am happy to report, we are officially under contract! Tomorrow is the inspections for the buyer, and then it's happy days. Besides the whole fact of he HAS TO pass this class, selling our house has by far been the biggest stress. The last few months before he left, we weren't able to enjoy relaxing times together. Instead we put down new mulch, packed up all our family pictures, finished all those 'honey do' projects we always meant to get around to, but never quite made it to the top of our priority list. It wasn't very much fun. Once that was done, and we were in the 'constantly cleaning' phase. Making sure the house was always ready, at the drop of a hat, for a showing. I can now start looking for houses at our new station (is that what it's even called...I have no idea!) ... and hope that we aren't homeless for to long.

Yes, another joy that I have learned about recruiting duty is the timeline for cutting orders. In most situations, you are able to get your orders 90 days out. However, with recruiting duty, you don't get your orders to graduate (which I understand) but try explaining that to TMO. They weren't very happy that I wouldn't be able to produce orders until the 15th, and we are closing on the 30th. I just hope that they are able to get us scheduled in those 15 days. Granted, a ton of my stuff is packed up because of the 'decluttering' of our house before we put it on the market, I still don't want to do a DITY move. We did that to move off base and into our home, and he promised me that I wouldn't have to do it again, and darn it, I'm going to hold him to it!

Oh well, we are one more day down, and finally have something to celebrate. Now it's all on him! That was the breakdown, I had to sell the house, and he has to graduate. My job's done!


No comments:

Post a Comment