Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dishes

With Pave gone to the NCO Academy (ANOC for you Army folks), I'm home alone. So I have ZERO motivation to cook, or I'll cook something that re-heats well (like pasta). Also, with just me eating (and usually yogurt or something easy in the morning) there isn't really enough dishes to justify running the dishwasher. So, this is what happens- I present, the 'leaning tower of dishes'

At least this is a picture of them after they are actually washed! Also, a girlfriend and I had some 'retail therapy' yesterday, and I got this awesome purse! Pave doesn't see the need to buy a purse, because I got a new one for Christmas 2008.... and I get all his sisters that she doesn't like. But I haven't picked one out for myself in quite some time. Until now- She actually bought the same purse the weekend before, and I loved it. She's a good friend, and 'made' me go buy it, because she knew I liked it. Imitation is the highest form of flattery right?!? It's a fun 'spring-ey' pink, which is nice, because it reminds me on 35 degree days like today, that spring is soon.

And, as an added bonus, it is deep enough (though it doesn't look like it) to hold my folders and spirals! So no more having to lug a back pack and purse across campus! YEA! It held all this, plus the normal 'purse stuff'.

4 comments:

  1. I love new purses! LOL I bought one last week, I will have to take a picture of it so you can see. Its not waht I normally buy, I wanted something funky.

    *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the dishes and the cooking....when my husband's gone I let that stuff slide too. For example - there was a period of a few weeks during this particular deployment where I ate cheese and crackers for dinner. It's no fun cooking for one person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute purse!
    When Nate was gone to BNCOC, I ate cereal all the time. No point cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, my kitchen sink often looks like that. And I have no excuse.

    ReplyDelete