Saturday, January 2, 2010

Laundry Room

My in laws got a new washer and dryer right after Christmas, so they gave us their 'old' one. I've been wanting a front loader for a while, but couldn't justify it... at all.... because ours still worked perfectly, and weren't that old.

I repainted the laundry room as they were driving to our house, then busted out a fan and blow dryer to finish up right as they got here. Our whole house is this ugly Salmon/tan/peachy color. Ugh. I've been trying my best to re-paint it as quick as I can, as you can see here.
I picked a yellow color that is almost mustard-ish. It's Behr Cork. And I love it!

I have only done about 5 or 6 loads in it so far.... and on my most recent one, I set the FULL jug of laundry soap (minus 5 or 6 loads worth...) on top of it. Ya, anyone who has a front load will advise you not to do this, but alas- I haven't gotten used to it, or that's going to be my excuse.


This is what happens.

Do you know how long it takes to clean up liquid laundry soap....
FOR- EV- ER
We seriously spent almost an hour cleaning it up, and washing, and rinsing, and washing again.... and the damn floor is STILL sticky!
I have always hated liquid soap, but I was told this machine could only take liquid, so I gave up my beloved powder.... but- I read the users manuel (novel idea hunh!), and it says you can use powder OR liquid.... so as soon as this bucket is empty (120 wash load- 5 or 6- whatever spilled on the floor = NOT SOON ENOUGH), I'm going back to my powder!

5 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning liquid soap. It gets on my washer and dryer somehow and its just a pain to clean up. I'd hate to imagine cleaning it off a FLOOR! Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I love the yellow in the room, though, it's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color too... The one on the walls, not the mess on the floor, hee hee! It could have been worse i'm sure and I bet the room at least smelled really good afterwards, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous!! I love, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO.
    Before we moved, we had a laundry soap accident. It was sitting above our dirty laundry basket, and somehow leaked all of its insides into said basket--without us knowing it. It also poured out of the basket, and onto the hardwood. Because we didn't know it happened, it ended up sitting for a good bit of time. Long enough that it almost dried, but was still sticky. I had to scrape it with a frickin butter knife to get it off the floor. It was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete