Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fhit's gonna hit the Shan!

He is by far my favorite country artist... though Pave has been driving a wedge between Toby and I. See, Pave doesn't like country music very much.... and the country he does like is DEFINITELY not Toby. :( Right before we got married, we went to go see Toby in Albuquerque, and that was my last show... it's been five years. I'm almost thinking I'm having Toby withdrawals... at least from seeing him live.

I love his new song too... American Ride. He's just a country bad ass.

Winter getting colder, summer gettin wamer.
Tidal wave comin cross the Mexican border.
Why buy a gallon, when its cheaper by the barrel.
Just don't be busted singin Christmas carols.


That's us, That's right
Gotta love this American ride.
Both ends of the ozone burnin,
Funny how the world keeps turnin.
Look Ma, no hands!
I love this American ride.
Gotta love this American ride.

Momma gets her rocks off watchin Desperate Housewives,
Daddy works his ass off payin for the good life.
Kids on the YouTube learnin how to be cool.
Living in a cruel world, pays to be a mean girl.

That's us, That's right
Gotta love this American ride.
Both ends of the ozone burnin,
Funny how the world keeps turnin.
Look Ma, no hands!
I love this American ride.
Gotta love this American ride.

Poor little infamous America's town.
She gained five pounds and lost her crown.
Quick fix plastic surgical antidote
Got herself a record deal, can't even sing a note.
Plasma gettin bigger, Jesus getting smaller.


Spill a cup of coffee, make a million dollars.
Cousins caught a buzz with an aerosol can.
If the shoe don't fit, the fits gonna hit the shan!










4 comments:

  1. This song cracks me up! I almost blogged about it a couple weeks ago but couldn't find accurate lyrics.

    Is that the actual music video??? If it is I'm disappointed... they could have made a hilarious one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Toby Keith, my DH doesn't like country either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. luckily for me, both me and my husband are country fans, and he loves toby keith. right before he deployed we had second row seats for montgomery gentry, and then a week later - we saw toby keith. it was awesome! i love that song, not too impressed w/the video. it's funny, but i think he could've done so much more with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- I think these lyrics are close... maybe not perfect, but good enough for me!

    The first video that I found was just on YouTube, I think it was from a phone or something...

    I just found the second one, from cmt.com... Check it out, I'm not sure I love it (not enough Toby, but it is kinda funny!)

    ReplyDelete