Friday, July 31, 2009

Why today?

It has been a long week, ended by a rough day...

For the first time today, I cried about moving. We've been here since the middle of May, I really expected it sooner, but no, today was the day. I'm not sure why, except that I'm extremely tired, but that's not really a good excuse.

Granted, this is only my second move in my whole life, its nothing like the last one. The last move was away from my family, and into the real life of being a military wife. Middle of nowhere base, no job in sight, no friends anywhere, new job for Pave, NEW everything. Maybe it was because we lived on base, I'm not sure, but I made friends there, fast. Not a lot, but two within the first month that I still talk to, though one is across the ocean, and the other one moved when her husband separated, and went back to civilian life.

I'm sure I'll be over this tomorrow, but driving around in this dumb city, trying to find a store, was the final thing that broke me down. So driving around in this dumb city I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment