Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Drugs... not so much

My poor husband. He goes through so much, and much of it because of me! After 45 min at Wal-Mart pharmacy (this was to just 'pCheck Spellingick up' the prescription... I dropped them off yesterday!), I came home and was happy to tell him, guess what, all the fertility drugs for this month only cost us $21.00. His response was a rather dull, "so you're on them again then hunh...". You could see the look of dread in his eyes, knowing that the answer was yes, but hoping with every fiber of his being that it would be no.

So now that we have moved, this will be my first cycle with the new fertility doctor. I've never met him, and in fact will meet him for the first time that I have my ultrasound (which to me is kinda weird... but the nurse said it was fine, since I know whats going on, he'll just continue down that road).

My husband HATES the fact that these drugs seem to easily dissolve the little bit of patience that I normally have. I can literally feel them surging through my body, and to be honest, I don't really like it either, but such is life... at least for the next 9-12 months.

So now my life is dictated by a color coded calender that has three different colors for the three different drugs, a list of days I go get ultrasounds to monitor my follicle development, and notes on the days that I start testing for the LH surge that indicates ovulation. Oh the joys of infertility!



No comments:

Post a Comment